Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Counselor of a Different Color

I've been enjoying my career counseling class lately, which is weird because I've been super burnt out on school since transferring to the masters program. While it may just be early quarter eager beaver syndrome, it's been a particularly comical interest for me to have. For the past 6-7ish years I've been a professional grad student with two mini breaks for unemployment and extremely brief full-time employment. I have been a student not simply out of academic curiosity, but out of delaying the full-time grind and also because I haven't been absolutely sure of what I wanted to do. I thought at first I'd be a clinical psychologist until getting into my current grad school, which has been pretty consistently sucky. And for the past couple of years, I've felt pretty confused and lost on my current life track.

Several things I do like doing? Telling people what to do. Being in charge. Teaching people how to do or about new things. I'm definitely not going back to school right now to pursue ether dietetics or high school biology teacher, but with my current degrees I can combine my interests in science, health, and bossing people around as a health educator, or hell, a career counselor. Now that would be funny. The girl who's been unable to stick with or bear with having a full-time gig telling others what to do with their lives. Love it.

Again, let's see if the eager beaver thing wears off or not before I start career planning...

No comments: